Driving Sunset Boulevard, admiring skyduster palms in Compton, bobbing with surfers in Malibu, no matter locale, Los Angeles is a city of eternal sunlight.
Things to do in Los Angeles to get the real thing in the city.
- Buy a copy of Bukowski at Skylight Books, then walk two blocks to the Drawing Room dive bar
- Power lunch at the leafy Polo Lounge tucked inside the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Tour several Case Houses, the 40s-50s glassy, Eames-approved modernist abodes
- Second Sundays at the Rose Bowl Flea for combing stacks of vintage Levi’s and more
- Experience the Hollywood Bowl venue, preferably with the L.A. Philharmonic
"Tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles."
- FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT