With booming growth and proud western roots, Denver truly is the capitol of the Rockies, a modern basecamp for those called to life in the mountains.
Things to do in Denver to get the real thing in the city.
- Roam the frontier landscapes at vaunted American Museum of Western Art
- In runoff season, grab a $15 tube and float Boulder Creek from Eben G. Fine Park
- Brewery hop and taste craft masters at Ratio, Our Mutual Friend and others
- See an open-air show at iconic Red Rocks or go for 7AM yoga, awe-inspiring either way
- Gather angler tips at Trouts Fly Shop, then cast into Bear Creek off State Hwy 74
"And there in the blue air I saw for the first time, far off, the great snowy tops of the Rocky Mountains. I had to get to Denver at once."
- JACK KEROUAC