Where Manhattan rises up, Brooklyn billows out, from Red Hook to Long Beach, Bensonhurst to Bed-Stuy, millions of threads in a tapestry of American life.
Things to do in Brooklyn to get the real thing in the city.
- Time travel to old Brooklyn with martinis and a porterhouse at Peter Luger
- Find an open bench on Brooklyn Heights Promenade after dark, the best view in NYC
- Linger over coffee and the weekend NYT in the windows at Marlow and Sons
- Hit the punching bags at legendary Gleason’s Boxing Gym in Dumbo
- Walk Fort Green Park to Bed-Stuy’s Marcy Playground listening to Jay-Z’s The Blueprint
"Spread love, it’s the Brooklyn way."
- NOTORIOUS B.I.G.